Category: State Incentives, Tax Incentives
A taxpayer who is an eligible employer may apply for and receive a tax credit for each new high-wage economic-base job. The credit amount equals 10% of the wages and benefits paid for each new economic-base job created.
- Pays at least $28,000/year in a community with a population of less than 40,000
- Pays at least $40,000/year in a community with a population of 40,000 or more
- Occupied for at least 48 weeks by the employee
- Made more than 50% of its sales to persons outside New Mexico during the most recent 12 months of the employer’s modified combined tax liability reporting periods ending prior to claiming this credit
- Are eligible for the Job Training Incentive Program
- Are growing with employment greater than the previous year
Qualified employers can take the credit for 4 years. The credit can be applied to the state portion of the gross receipts tax, compensating tax and withholding tax. Any excess credit will be refunded to the taxpayer. The credit shall not exceed $12,000 per year, per job.
- Must be a resident of New Mexico
Cannot be a relative of the employer or own more than 50% of the company